The Coronavirus pandemic has taken over the international news cycle and is now top of mind for health officials at all levels. This unprecedented situation raises important questions for global and local corporations, health systems and governments as they consider how it might affect their people and operations.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak emerged, Edelman has been supporting clients looking to 1) better understand the Coronavirus situation and its public health implications; 2) manage communications with employees and customers; and 3) receive general guidance on strategies, policies and communications that drive effective preparedness and response efforts.
The Edelman Coronavirus Task Force is led by our crisis, employee engagement, health, public affairs, and regional teams, who have a wealth of knowledge and experience. With experts across Canada and the globe, the Task Force has deep expertise in their local contexts, as well as in public health issues and crisis management.
Our approach is informed by our current working relationships with World Economic Forum (WEF), World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other public health contacts, as well as our experience with SARS, H1N1/09, Ebola and other outbreaks.
- Strategic Counsel – Our global advisory team can provide senior counsel to guide your organization in protecting its reputation and maintaining its position of trust among internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning & Preparation – Edelman can help identify those risks most likely to impact the reputation of your organization and help establish clear protocols and processes for monitoring, decision making and risk management.
- Stakeholder Communications - Drawing on considerable sector expertise and supported by the latest insights from our proprietary analysis and research, Edelman can help you understand and meet the expectations of your key stakeholders through structured, transparent and consistent communications.
- Reputation Rebuilding – Our team of experts can help your organization prepare to move beyond the acute epidemic phase, helping define lessons learned and enhance your crisis and issues management protocols.
- Business leadership is mission critical on COVID-19, according to latest Edelman Trust Barometer Special Report – Our Canadian CEO Lisa Kimmel shares some key highlights from Edelman’s Trust Barometer Special Report: Trust and the Coronavirus.
- Edelman Trust Barometer Special Report: Trust and the Coronavirus – Full version of the Trust Barometer Special Report.
- Edelman Trust Barometer Special Report: Trust and the Coronavirus (Canada Findings) – Canada-focused results of the Trust Barometer Special Report.
- Coronavirus: Business Must Be A Player, Not Spectator – Global insights from Richard Edelman and Dr. David Nabarro, the World Health Organization Special Envoy for COVID-19.
- Companies must help employees decode Coronavirus concerns – Op-Ed from John Larsen, Edelman Canada’s national practice lead for Crisis & Reputation Risk, who is currently leading Edelman’s global Coronavirus Task Force.
- Edelman Topline Coronavirus Strategic Communications Guidance – As organizations evaluate the potential impact of Coronavirus on business operations and stakeholder trust, this document provides strategic considerations, best practices and scenario planning recommendations.
- Credible sources of information:
The Edelman Coronavirus Task Force is here to be a resource to you and your organization. If you would like guidance or support from our experienced team of experts, please contact us today at CanadaCOVID@edelman.com.