Our Data Security & Privacy team helps organizations of all sizes and across sectors navigate the increasingly complex environment surrounding the collection, use and protection of data. In addition to helping organizations communicate quickly and thoughtfully following a data incident, we help companies proactively plan and train against potential security and privacy issues, define their privacy narratives and influence the policy agenda.
Edelman is the only public relations firm in Canada with a dedicated Data Security & Privacy team.
- Experience successfully managing a range of security and privacy issues, including data breaches, ransomware attacks and security breaches.
- High degree of comfort and understanding operating within an integrated breach response panel alongside other subject matter experts (external legal counsel, IT forensics, negotiators, etc.).
- Strong network understanding of the cybersecurity landscape through our work with leading technology, cyber-forensics, and privacy organizations.
- Global footprint with privacy and security communications experts based around the world who understand local laws and the socio-political environment.
- Ability to draw on a robust set of supporting communications specialists (e.g. digital, creative, paid media, earned media and internal communications) to provide a holistic response.
- Extensive experience supporting companies across all industries, including the healthcare, financial services, retail, manufacturing, technology, government, and education sectors.
Edelman’s 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1-866-EDEL-911
Please note that this hotline is for immediate crisis support only and is not intended to be used for any non-crisis questions such as employee inquiries or advertising, marketing or sales solicitation.
Greg Vanier, Senior Vice-President, Crisis & Risk
Greg Vanier is Senior Vice President for Edelman Canada, and National Lead of Edelman’s Data Security and Privacy Group.
As an experienced crisis strategist, Greg works with some of Canada’s most recognizable brands, helping them evolve, promote and protect their reputations. As Lead of Edelman Canada’s Data Security and Privacy Practice, Greg’s team has helped dozens of Canadian companies respond to cyber security incidents and navigate the ever-increasing public and regulatory expectations around the collection and use of personal data. He is well known within the cyber response industry, and frequently presents at conferences on the topic.